M.L. Elrick (@elrick), Marc Fellhauer (@MarcFell) and Shawn Windsor (@ShawnWindsor) turn Red Shovel Network HQ into their own personal hall of shame. Then they encourage you to join them on a pedal pub ride. Do you dare? Read on and find out how…
THE STRAIGHT DOPE: Offering insights that no one asked for — and may wish they never knew — the triumvirate reveals some of their deepest, darkest secrets. We’ll leave it up to you whether you want to listen, but we must warn you it is impossible to unhear what the boys are putting down.
Despite being a handsome hunk of manhood, Marc bares his soul and reveals that he hides from cameras. Is he bashful — or Nosferatu?
Shy by nature, ML shares that he likes to freak people out with his words and, on occasion, his wardrobe. He tells a tale worthy of Po — you got that, Edgar Allan?!?
The normally retiring Shawn divulges that he likes nothing better than to see vigilantes exact a bloody revenge on evildoers. Is he talking about the silver screen … or should ML and Marc LAY OFF FOR ONCE, DAMMIT!?!
Two words: DANE COOK.
Cheetos, taquitos and … rat turds?
Shawn likes to good-naturedly (or is it jealously?) jab ML for his high-handed ways. Turns out Star Trek may be partly to blame.
ML tells the “Dirty Angel” story. For once, it’s a short one — but, of course, well-told.
ML tells the “Harold the Dog” story. As usual, it’s a long one — but, for once, not well-told. AT LEAST ACCORDING TO THE BULLIES MARC AND SHAWN. (Anyone got a match?)
Shawn’s long-winded paean to the chili-laden tube steak almost certainly alienates a potential sponsor — despite his cohorts’ desperate attempts to pull him back from the precipice.
THE GREAT DEBATE: A billionaire tells millionaires to leave their politics in the locker room, then pops off in public with his world view, making thousandaire Shawn VERY unhappy. The boys try to calm him down. Do they succeed? There’s only one way to find out: LISTEN.
ROOM 7609: Unlike a lot of programs that talk about music, the all-night party in Room 7609 is no sausage party. ML LOVES women who rock — and few rock quite as well as the Go-Go’s, as this week’s selection makes plain.
RIDE, CAPTAIN, RIDE! Join ML, Marc and Shawn for the first-ever Soul of Detroit pedal pub excursion on a Thursday evening in September! If you’re looking for a deal on a pedal pub excursion, use promo code ML SOUL to get $25 off a full-size ride with the Michigan Pedaler.
- Please be sure to let our sponsors know you heard them on the podcast! We can’t go on without continued sponsor support, and they really do keep track of referrals from loyal listeners.
- REPRESENT! Show your Soul of Detroit pride with great merchandise, ranging from our super groovy t-shirts, stickers and signed copies of “The Kwame Sutra: Musings on Lust, Life and Leadership from Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.” Each copy includes a smart aleck inscription! Open your heart, open your wallet at www.drewandmikestore.com
- Find out more about the podcast at www.mlsoulofdetroit.com, where you’ll find previous episodes and so much more!
- Subscribe to the podcast at iTunes, Google Podcasts, Stitcher or wherever quality podcasts are found! And when you check out the podcast, remember to rate it (unless you hate it)!!!
- Please subscribe to and share the podcast — your endorsement is very powerful!
- Get podcast news on Twitter @elrick or on Facebook at “ML Elrick”
- Please let us know if you would like to advertise, or know someone we should hit up.
We always appreciate your feedback at mlsoulofdetroit@gmail or 313-Butterfield8-9070 (aka 313-288-9070). If you leave a message, you could hear your voice on the air!