- M.L. Elrick (Twitter @elrick/Facebook ML ELRICK/Instagram ml_elrick) and Marc Fellhauer (Twitter @MarcFell) encounter “The Wrath of Shawn” when Shawn Windsor (Twitter @ShawnWindsor) makes his triumphant return!
- THE STRAIGHT DOPE: ML’s dream comes true when an old-time Detroit beer becomes a sponsor. Listen to find out who makes the brew.
- ML teases an upcoming event. Download to find out where to meet the Soul of Detroit crew when they hit the road on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Shawn and the boys discuss Shawn’s very special column in the Free Press.
- First, the Spartans. Now, the Wolverines. Campus sex abuse scandals are erupting across the country. ML, Marc and Shawn draw the line separating rivalry from reality, with a nod to The Only Colors.
- More updates this week! Marc asks about the status of ML’s often-wounded wheels, The Black Beauty, aka Truthmobile III, and ML reveals where he’ll be working next week. Listen and learn!
- ML tells some behind the scenes stories about how far two imperfect politicians went to try to keep him from asking them questions. Here are some of the stories the politicians didn’t want to talk about: One about Rep Bettie Cook Scott disappearing and one about Detroit City Councilwoman Raquel Castaneda-Lopez’s dilapidated home.
- THE GREAT DEBATE: NBC Sports Network has tapped an all-women’s crew to produce and broadcast an NHL game on International Women’s Day. Is it progress — or pandering? The boys battle it out.
- GEEK OF THE WEEK: Our winner is a killer who beat a murder rap who is now suing presidential candidates for honoring his victim.
- ROOM 7609: They were art school students who pressed 500 LPs that inspired a cult following. Now they’ve checked into the NuWave Suite to perform “Watching Trees.”
- HARD OUT: Please be sure to let our sponsors know you heard them on the podcast! We can’t go on without continued sponsor support, and they really do keep track of referrals from loyal listeners. So if you need a mortgage, consider Hall Financial and tell them ML sent you. If you’re looking for a deal on a Ford, please visit Szott Ford and let them know ML sent you! Looking for a new career? Check out our friends at Northwestern Tech. And when it’s time to kick back, reach for a nice cold Altes! Here’s where to find a truly Detroit brew.
- REPRESENT! Show your Soul of Detroit pride with great merchandise, ranging from our super groovy hockey jerseys, t-shirts, stickers and signed copies of “The Kwame Sutra: Musings on Lust, Life and Leadership from Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.” Each copy includes a smart aleck inscription penned personally by ML! Open your heart, open your wallet at www.drewandmikestore.com
- Find out more about the podcast at www.mlsoulofdetroit.com, where you’ll find previous episodes and so much more!
- Subscribe to the podcast at iTunes, Google Podcasts, Stitcher or wherever quality podcasts are found! And when you check out the podcast, remember to rate it (unless you hate it)!!!
- Please let us know if you would like to advertise, or know someone we should hit up.
- We always appreciate your feedback at mlsoulofdetroit@gmail or 313-Butterfield8-9070 (aka 313-288-9070). If you leave a message, you could hear your voice on the air!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |