- ML’s city council campaign is over, so let the post mortem begin! Shawn fawns, but a fight breaks out nevertheless. Marc is accused of delighting in the donnybrook, while Joe averts his ears.
- THE STRAIGHT DOPE: When ML was a reporter, one of his favorite things to do was reveal stories that candidates and campaigns would not tell until after the race was over. Now he has his OWN inside stories to share … so he does!
- So why DID ML lose? The crew starts to delve into it, when a spirited, ahem, “debate” breaks out.
- ML reads some mean tweets and Shawn reveals some secrets about his most popular recipes.
- More fighting.
- GEEK OF THE WEEK: A former NFL MVP who gets his medical advice from Dr. Joe Rogan is this week’s selection.
- ROOM 7609: Elections are monstrous undertakings. Elections take place in November. ML loves Morrissey. So we get “November Spawns a Monster” — along with a little story about how messages can get misconstrued.
- FEEDBACK: The word “disappointed” keeps coming up in our feedback. They can only be talking about one thing: ML’s failed bid for Detroit City Council.
- REPRESENT! Show your Soul of Detroit pride with great merchandise, ranging from hip trucker hats, retro keychains, masks and gaiters, super groovy hockey jerseys, comfy logo t-shirts, stickers, neon clocks and signed copies of “The Kwame Sutra: Musings on Lust, Life and Leadership from Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.” Each copy includes a smart aleck inscription penned personally by ML! Open your heart, open your wallet at www.drewandmikestore.com
- HARD OUT: You can’t beat the meat you get at The Butchery! Mention ML and get a free pound of bacon with a purchase of $50 or more. Learn more at www.thebutcherysl.com
- Don’t lose your mind trying to make sense of the financial markets. Let Luke Nowacki of Pinnacle help you make the right decisions that will help keep you on firm financial footing. Contact Luke at www.pinnaclewealthstrategies.com and be sure to tell him you heard about him on the Soul of Detroit!
- If you need a mortgage or want to refinance your new digs or save on high-interest debt, contact Hall Financial at https://davidhallmortgage.com/soul or 248-308-5000 and let them know ML told you to call!
- You — YES, YOU — can sponsor the show by hitting the DONATE button at www.mlsoulofdetroit.com. NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL (or too large)!
- Please subscribe to and share the podcast — your endorsement is very powerful!
- We always appreciate your feedback at mlsoulofdetroit@gmail or 313-Butterfield8-9070 (aka 313-288-9070). If you leave a message, you could hear your voice on the air!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download