- A rookie empties her clip into a stranger on Christmas Eve, only to find out he wasn’t a stranger at all. Tresa Baldas of the Detroit Free Press tells the tale. M.L. Elrick (Twitter @elrick/Facebook ML ELRICK/Instagram ml_elrick), Marc Fellhauer (Twitter @MarcFell) carry the show while Shawn Windsor (Twitter @ShawnWindsor) gets ready to carry his bags to the airport in Indy. Joey Zuver pulls the levers so very clever.
- THE STRAIGHT DOPE: It was just a brief in the news on Christmas 2020: A cop is run off the road and ends up in a shoot-out. Then … nothing. UNTIL one of ML’s hockey buddies contacted him with a tip about THE REST OF THE STORY.
- Tresa Baldas takes the case and dials in to discuss the tangled tale she unwound for the Free Press. Read it here.
- Patrick LaRiviera of National Fleet Services zooms in to tell a more uplifting hockey story: a recap of the Sixth Annual Clark Park Charity Hockey Classic, that is on track to raise $50,000 for Detroit kids. You can still help us make our goal with a contribution by clicking this link.
- ML also works in a plug for his campaign’s social media handles — #ML4DETROIT — and his campaign website, www.ml4detroit.com.
- GEEK OF THE WEEK: Somewhere along the way, GOW got hijacked and turned into The Return of the Great Debate. Find out who lost the debate and who won Geek of the Week.
- THIS WEEK IN SOFT HISTORY: Perfesser Jennings is off this week, studying for next week’s exams.
- ROOM 7609: The Other ML says The Fall is Manchester’s greatest band. THE ML cues up “Free Range” and a spirited discussion ensues which, of course, somehow leads back to The Smiths.
- FIRST AMENDMENT TIME: You want our take on politics and stimulus money. We deliver.
- HARD OUT: Need a new ride? Roy O’Brien has been putting metro Detroiters on wheels for 74 years. Before you shop anywhere else, get on the right track to 9 Mile and Mack and check out their super groovy showroom. Find our more at www.royobrien.net.
- Stop looking so terrible and go get a haircut from Lady Janes. Visit Lady Janes website, find the nearest location and book your appointment today.
- Don’t lose your mind trying to make sense of the financial markets. Let Luke Nowacki of Pinnacle help you make the right decisions that will help keep you on firm financial footing. Contact Luke at www.pinnaclewealthstrategies.com and be sure to tell him you heard about him on the Soul of Detroit!
- If you need a mortgage or want to refinance your new digs or save on high-interest debt, contact Hall Financial at https://davidhallmortgage.com/soul or 248-308-5000 and let them know ML told you to call!
- You — YES, YOU — can sponsor the show by hitting the DONATE button at www.mlsoulofdetroit.com. NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL (or too large)!
- REPRESENT! Show your Soul of Detroit pride with great merchandise, ranging from our hip trucker hats, retro keychains, masks and gaiters, super groovy hockey jerseys, comfy logo t-shirts, stickers, neon clocks and signed copies of “The Kwame Sutra: Musings on Lust, Life and Leadership from Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.” Each copy includes a smart aleck inscription penned personally by ML! Open your heart, open your wallet at www.drewandmikestore.com
- Please subscribe to and share the podcast — your endorsement is very powerful!
- We always appreciate your feedback at mlsoulofdetroit@gmail or 313-Butterfield8-9070 (aka 313-288-9070). If you leave a message, you could hear your voice on the air!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download