ML is back from Costa Rica for an underwelming reunion with Marc and Yawn special guest Kaleena enlightens the old men and Joe shows off his Meta skilz.
- THE STRAIGHT DOPE:ML’s Costa Rica adventure companion Sergei’s fascination with crocodiles leads to a close encounter of the reptilian kind.
- Even the surprise Christmas gift of a custom-made Soul of Detroit A-Type from Detroit Bikes can’t turn Yawn back into Shawn.
- The show’s Name and Image Likeness athlete Kaleena Kniess drops in — with cookies! — and some hairy tales of life away at college.
- If you’ve never heard of “air tags,” you simply must listen to get caught up on this new tech twist on the ol’ creepy stalker routine.
- Marc loves Louie C.K. and asks his cohorts when talent trumps bad behavior? Dave Chappelle’s name comes up, along with a bunch of old comedians ML likes. On the subject of old comedians, ML reveals he never liked George Carlin.
- GEEK OF THE WEEK: One of America’s goofiest senators would be funny, if only he didn’t peddle so much dangerous misinformation. His latest claim — that mouthwash can kill the coronavirus — is so nutty that even Listerine disagrees.
- ROOM 7609: Find out Gene Hunt’s deepest secret during our last installment of “Ashes to Ashes” New Wave music month before Frankie Goes to Hollywood’s “Two Tribes” gets ML in the middle of a spirited debate about the social significance of New Wave versus some new stuff he hasn’t heard of (which includes pretty much everything playing on the radio since 1995).
- FEEDBACK: You write, we read.
- SPONSOR US: Drop us a line at [email protected] to find out how cheap and easy it is to advertise on our show!
- LISTEN AND LEARN: Find out more about the podcast at www.mlsoulofdetroit.com, where you’ll find previous episodes and so much more!
- SUBSCRIBE/SHARE/RATE: Subscribe to the podcast at iTunes, Google Podcasts, Stitcher or wherever quality podcasts are found! And when you check out the podcast, remember to rate it (even if you hate it)!!!
- Get podcast news on Twitter @elrick or on Facebook at “ML Elrick”
- HARD OUT: You can’t beat the meat you get at The Butchery! Mention ML and get a free pound of bacon with a purchase of $50 or more. Learn more at www.thebutcherysl.com
- Don’t lose your mind trying to make sense of the financial markets. Let Luke Nowacki of Pinnacle help you make the right decisions that will help keep you on firm financial footing. Contact Luke at www.pinnaclewealthstrategies.com and be sure to tell him you heard about him on the Soul of Detroit!
- If you need a mortgage or want to refinance your new digs or save on high-interest debt, contact Hall Financial at https://davidhallmortgage.com/soul or 248-308-5000 and let them know ML told you to call!
- You — YES, YOU — can sponsor the show by hitting the DONATE button at www.mlsoulofdetroit.com. NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL (or too large)!
- We always appreciate your feedback at [email protected] or 313-Butterfield8-9070 (aka 313-288-9070). If you leave a message, you could hear your voice on the air!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download