Big Blue didn’t blow it, so Marc, Shawn and special guest Matt Riley chop up the Wolverine-Buckeye game, while ML explains how the Spartans would have beat the Bucks … if only it had snowed in Columbus! Joe takes notes from his igloo.
- THE STRAIGHT DOPE: While ML was tailgating in the snow in East Lansing, Marc was whooping it up in the stands while Shawn watched his prediction of a U-M victory come true. Blue baller Matt Riley opines, as well as provides some crucial info on the Dec. 2 Killer Cares charitable event. https://killercares.org
- Before getting too amped up about U-M’s victory in the second biggest football game of the year (MSU already won the biggest), Matt and the crew discuss the legacy of Tom “Killer” Kowalski.
- After Wolverine grads Marc and Matt and Ann Arbor resident Shawn discuss the Big Upset, ML provides some completely and utterly inaccurate analysis of how U-M finally put together a big game … then alibis himself by saying he was setting a fire in East Lansing (but not to a couch) and didn’t see the whole game.
- ML’s joy at his Spartans’ victory in the snow inspired some rather awful dancing. Cover the children’s eyes, then see for yourself here: https://twitter.com/elrick/status/1464745761753686016
- Did we mention Marc will be tending bar for the Killer Cares charity event on Thursday, Dec. 2 at the Lodge Bar and Grill in Keego Harbor? You can find out who else will be helping to and donate to the cause at https://killercares.org
- GEEK OF THE WEEK: A well-known local pundit’s complete and utter pre-season disrespect for the potential of the Michigan Wolverine football team earns him this week’s mark of diss-stink-shun.
- ROOM 7609: We have a new NuWave theme month coming in December — songs played during “Ashes to Ashes,” a British time-travel police procedural set in the early 1980s. The Passion checks in early with “I’m In Love With A German Film Star.”
- FEEDBACK: Shawn’s work husband has something to say. And a mean tweeter leaves ML wondering “What’s a ‘dousch?’”
- SPONSOR US: Drop us a line at [email protected] to find out how cheap and easy it is to advertise on our show!
- HARD OUT: You can’t beat the meat you get at The Butchery! Mention ML and get a free pound of bacon with a purchase of $50 or more. Learn more at www.thebutcherysl.com
- Don’t lose your mind trying to make sense of the financial markets. Let Luke Nowacki of Pinnacle help you make the right decisions that will help keep you on firm financial footing. Contact Luke at www.pinnaclewealthstrategies.com and be sure to tell him you heard about him on the Soul of Detroit!
- If you need a mortgage or want to refinance your new digs or save on high-interest debt, contact Hall Financial at https://davidhallmortgage.com/soul or 248-308-5000 and let them know ML told you to call!
- You — YES, YOU — can sponsor the show by hitting the DONATE button at www.mlsoulofdetroit.com. NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL (or too large)!
- Please subscribe to and share the podcast — your endorsement is very powerful!
- We always appreciate your feedback at [email protected] or 313-Butterfield8-9070 (aka 313-288-9070). If you leave a message, you could hear your voice on the air!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download