- A newly uncovered report reveals that ML was right — water officials must install backflow preventers to stop floods! Shawn gushes with outrage, Marc damns unresponsive public officials, and Joey clings to life hoping your generous donations will somehow make him whole.
- THE STRAIGHT DOPE: In the wake of an outstanding Detroit Free Press report by Christine MacDonald, ML shares the contents of a 2017 investigation that suggests most of the 2021 flooding COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED!
- When ML is done ranting, musician and publican John Rutherford reveals that his tuba got soaked — along with thousands of pages of sheet music — when his basement flooded.
- In between Shawn’s interruptions and John’s hyping of his music festival, ML tells his Duke Fakir story and asks John to share his experience performing with Motown legends.
- Oh, John also once played with the recently departed Don Everly. He has not (yet) been named a suspect in the pioneering country rocker’s death.
- Chef Dave Hubbard wants YOU … to work with him at The Butchery. Visit www.thebutcherysl.com or call 248-682-2697 to apply.Elli’s House, which was featured on the show a few weeks back, raised $14,000 in their annual fundraiser help fight sex trafficking. To learn more, visit www.ellishouse313.org
- GEEK OF THE WEEK: Long-time Detroit Lion Don Muhlbach got cut on his birthday. But 154 cats suffered a more dire fate on International Homeless Animals Day.
- ROOM 7609: William wants more American New Wave. William sent in $10. So we booked Red Rockers of New Orleans into the New Wave suite to perform “Another Day.”
- REPRESENT! Show your Soul of Detroit pride with great merchandise, ranging from hip trucker hats, retro keychains, masks and gaiters, super groovy hockey jerseys, comfy logo t-shirts, stickers, neon clocks and signed copies of “The Kwame Sutra: Musings on Lust, Life and Leadership from Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.” Each copy includes a smart aleck inscription penned personally by ML! Open your heart, open your wallet at www.drewandmikestore.com
- ML 4 DETROIT: Keep up with the campaign at www.ml4detroit.com or on Twitter, Facebook or InstaGram at ML4DETROIT.
- HARD OUT: Need a new ride? Roy O’Brien has been putting metro Detroiters on wheels for 74 years. Before you shop anywhere else, get on the right track to 9 Mile and Mack and check out their super groovy showroom. Find our more at www.royobrien.net.
- Don’t lose your mind trying to make sense of the financial markets. Let Luke Nowacki of Pinnacle help you make the right decisions that will help keep you on firm financial footing. Contact Luke at www.pinnaclewealthstrategies.com and be sure to tell him you heard about him on the Soul of Detroit!
- If you need a mortgage or want to refinance your new digs or save on high-interest debt, contact Hall Financial at https://davidhallmortgage.com/soul or 248-308-5000 and let them know ML told you to call!
- You — YES, YOU — can sponsor the show by hitting the DONATE button at www.mlsoulofdetroit.com. NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL (or too large)!
- Please subscribe to and share the podcast — your endorsement is very powerful!
- We always appreciate your feedback at [email protected] or 313-Butterfield8-9070 (aka 313-288-9070). If you leave a message, you could hear your voice on the air!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download