- M.L. Elrick (Twitter @elrick/Facebook ML ELRICK/Instagram ml_elrick) breaks news on the biggest story in the world — just by looking at his phone! But first, Shawn Windsor (Twitter @ShawnWindsor) and Marc Fellhauer (Twitter @MarcFell) question whether ML is on the RIGHT meds. Jim Comparoni (Twitter @JimComparoni) of SpartanMag.com dials in to this hornet’s nest.
- THE STRAIGHT DOPE: Jim shares what it was light to ride the lightning — giving us an inside look of his effort to keep up with the latest rumors on the Michigan State football coaching search.
- Marc asks Jim about his process for separating rumors from truth.
- Jim reveals how he gets some of his inside information — then reveals how a kid’s Snapchat conversation turned out to be more accurate than anything reported on the Spartan coaching search.
- ML — in the middle of the damn show! — breaks major news before anyone else on the face of the planet. Even Jim does a double-take!
- Shawn delivers some bad news for Spartan fans. DAMN SHAWN! (Did we mention he lives in ANN ARBOR …?)
- Jim provides some insights on the news gathering process — and how he thinks it’s ok to share some grapevine juice in one spot even if he’ll only serve fine wine on the front page of SpartanMag.com.
- Listen and learn how reporters — and civilians — track charter flights.
- ML BLOWS JIM’S MIND WITH A WORLD EXCLUSIVE REPORT. (Scoopsville! Looks like The Kid’s still got it!)
- THE GREAT DEBATE: Two odd little states play an outsized role in picking the next president of the United States. ML worked in one of those states for nearly 5 years. He vigorously battles Shawn’s effort to ALTER THE COURSE OF HUMAN HISTORY! (Wow!) Oh, Marc weighs in, too.
- GEEK OF THE WEEK: A Major League pitcher turns into a major league bitcher.
- ROOM 7609: The quintessential guest checks in — a band that received no acclaim with a great tune that achieved no acclaim. And did we mention that this week’s solution is the only NuWave tune ever produced in da UP, eh?
- HARD OUT: Please be sure to let our sponsors know you heard them on the podcast! We can’t go on without continued sponsor support, and they really do keep track of referrals from loyal listeners. So if you need a mortgage, consider Hall Financial at Hall Financial | Mortgage Lender | Home Refinance Experts and tell them ML sent you. And if you’re looking for a deal on a Ford, please visit New 2020 Ford & Used Car Dealer in Holly, MI – Szott Ford and let them know ML sent you!
- REPRESENT! Show your Soul of Detroit pride with great merchandise, ranging from our super groovy hockey jerseys, t-shirts, stickers and signed copies of “The Kwame Sutra: Musings on Lust, Life and Leadership from Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.” Each copy includes a smart aleck inscription penned personally by ML! Open your heart, open your wallet at www.drewandmikestore.com
Find out more about the podcast at www.mlsoulofdetroit.com, where you’ll find previous episodes and so much more!
Subscribe to the podcast at iTunes, Google Podcasts, Stitcher or wherever quality podcasts are found! And when you check out the podcast, remember to rate it (unless you hate it)!!!
Please let us know if you would like to advertise, or know someone we should hit up.
We always appreciate your feedback at mlsoulofdetroit@gmail or 313-Butterfield8-9070 (aka 313-288-9070). If you leave a message, you could hear your voice on the air!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download