- M.L. Elrick (Twitter @elrick/Facebook ML ELRICK/Instagram ml_elrick), Shawn Windsor (Twitter @ShawnWindsor), Marc Fellhauer (Twitter @MarcFell) and Matt Jennings (Twitter @MattRJennings) of Soft Magazine battle internet hackers and other saboteurs while Joey Zuver enjoys another fine lunch.
- THE STRAIGHT DOPE: Before superstar photographer and storyteller Mandi Wright joins the boys, ML explains why his hair smells so much like tear gas that it isn’t just the angels who weep when exposed to his now reeking mullet. Conspiracy theorists believe this is why the show is still being produced remotely, even after the guv lifted most of her executive orders.
- Self-aggrandizing asshat ML tells the story behind the photo of the cops putting a gun on him after Team Free Press hit the streets to cover the anti-police brutality protests run amok. The gang also discusses whether police targeted a young, black Free Press reporter as he helped cover the melee.
- Mandi dials in and draws upon her perspective as a war photographer to provide some perspective on the protests here at home that she has been covering so brilliantly for the Free Press.
- GEEK OF THE WEEK: Find out why Angry Fat Bastard, Skinny Beret DB and Crocheted Hat Faux Rasta Honky share this week’s honor.
- THIS WEEK IN SOFT HISTORY While a computer malfunction sidelines ML, Marc and Shawn TOTALLY under-appreciate the superlative work of Soft Magazine Editor Matt Jennings, who provides his weekly history lesson.
- ROOM 7609: Manchester and Motown converge in the NuWave suite, as ML tries to extend bass month by dragging in the Detroit protests, the Smiths, John Taylor of Duran Duran and Susanna Hoffs of The Bangles.
- HARD OUT: Find out how you can sponsor the show and get a one-of-a-kind token of our appreciation. For a donation fo $20 or more, we will record a message meant JUST FOR YOU. We call it “cam-e-soul.”
- Please be sure to let our sponsors know you heard them on the podcast! We are pretty picky about who we do businesses with, so it’s important we keep the support of business we believe will do right by you. And since we can’t go on without continued sponsor support, please let our trusted partners know you appreciate them. They really do keep track of referrals from loyal listeners like you!
- If you’re looking to sell your home or buy a better crib, we humbly recommend Lindsey Broadwell of Broadwell Homes. Make sure Lindsey knows you where you heard about her and that you’ve got SOUL.
- If you need a mortgage or want to refinance your new digs or save on high-interest debt, contact Hall Financial and let them know ML told you to call!
- When it’s time to kick back with a tasty hometown classic brew, reach for an Altes! Learn more about which stores and other quality establishments carry these authentically Detroit suds.
- Don’t lose your mind trying to make sense of the financial markets. Let Luke Nowacki of Pinnacle help you make the right decisions that will help keep you on firm financial footing. Contact Luke and be sure to tell him you heard about him on the Soul of Detroit!
- REPRESENT! Show your Soul of Detroit pride with great merchandise, ranging from our super groovy hockey jerseys, t-shirts, stickers and signed copies of “The Kwame Sutra: Musings on Lust, Life and Leadership from Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.” Each copy includes a smart aleck inscription penned personally by ML! Open your heart, open your wallet at www.drewandmikestore.com
- Please subscribe to and share the podcast — your endorsement is very powerful!
- Please let us know if you would like to advertise, or know someone we should hit up.
- We always appreciate your feedback at [email protected] or 313-Butterfield8-9070 (aka 313-288-9070). If you leave a message, you could hear your voice on the air!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download