- Listeners take over — but only after ML debuts a sweet new video. Marc appreciates the quality, while Shawn seemingly casts a vote against bringing honest change to Detroit politics. Joey votes absentee for a write-in candidate.
- THE STRAIGHT DOPE: Last week’s show featured a 100-year-old woman, so it seems appropriate that ML would kick off the latest episode by debuting a video delving into his relationship with an 80-year-old constituent.
- As a pot shop in southwest Detroit teeters on the brink of collapse, listeners take over as the triumvirate review and respond to a collection of provocative and insightful emails sent to [email protected]. Sadly, it has been ages since anyone left a voicemail at BUtterfield8-9070. (HINT HINT)
- Shawn says he is concerned that the show has become too political, then derails the show as he delves into a series of political topics.
- After Shawn voices a familiar lament that the show is all about ML, a listener’s email shifts the spotlight back to Shawn’s pathetic girly-man hammies.
- ML and Dennis from across the street go canvassing — and Dennis makes a big score that leaves ML longing for more.
- GEEK OF THE WEEK: Tyra Banks’ ex-boyfriend is this week’s geek … giving ML a chance to recount his encounter with the super model who will always rate a 10 in his book.
- ROOM 7609: ML struggles to overcome distractions to discuss the music and delve into the career of Shriekback, a band you’ve heard of even though you didn’t realize it. Their atmospheric “This Big Hush” triggers a discussion of the work of Thomas Harris and Michael Mann.
- REPRESENT! Show your Soul of Detroit pride with great merchandise, ranging from hip trucker hats, retro keychains, masks and gaiters, super groovy hockey jerseys, comfy logo t-shirts, stickers, neon clocks and signed copies of “The Kwame Sutra: Musings on Lust, Life and Leadership from Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.” Each copy includes a smart aleck inscription penned personally by ML! Open your heart, open your wallet at www.drewandmikestore.com
- ML 4 DETROIT: Keep up with the campaign at www.ml4detroit.com or on Twitter, Facebook or InstaGram at ML4DETROIT.
- HARD OUT: Need a new ride? Roy O’Brien has been putting metro Detroiters on wheels for 74 years. Before you shop anywhere else, get on the right track to 9 Mile and Mack and check out their super groovy showroom. Find our more at www.royobrien.net.
- Don’t lose your mind trying to make sense of the financial markets. Let Luke Nowacki of Pinnacle help you make the right decisions that will help keep you on firm financial footing. Contact Luke at www.pinnaclewealthstrategies.com and be sure to tell him you heard about him on the Soul of Detroit!
- If you need a mortgage or want to refinance your new digs or save on high-interest debt, contact Hall Financial at https://davidhallmortgage.com/soul or 248-308-5000 and let them know ML told you to call!
- You — YES, YOU — can sponsor the show by hitting the DONATE button at www.mlsoulofdetroit.com. NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL (or too large)!
- Please subscribe to and share the podcast — your endorsement is very powerful!
- We always appreciate your feedback at mlsoulofdetroit@gmail or 313-Butterfield8-9070 (aka 313-288-9070). If you leave a message, you could hear your voice on the air!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download