- Hey, it worked for Seinfeld! So this week we do a show about … nothing. M.L. Elrick (Twitter @elrick/Facebook ML ELRICK/Instagram ml_elrick), Marc Fellhauer (Twitter @MarcFell) and Shawn Windsor (Twitter @ShawnWindsor) yak on and on, while Joey Zuver maintains his igloo.
- THE STRAIGHT DOPE: ML hypes upcoming shows before finally relenting and getting this week’s show under way by musing about Dwayne Johnson’s new biographic series.
- A listener asks about former House Speaker Lee Chatfield’s hasty ouster from a lucrative gig, inspiring a discussion of how term-limited politicos may make decisions that set them up for what comes next.
- ML segues to a reminiscence about an epic summer surveillance of some fat cats that segues to a reminiscence of a stakeout that almost went wrong that he thinks is fascinating and Shawn and Marc merely think is very, very … interesting. (Special guest Ed Murphy disagrees, but that comes much later.)
- GEEK OF THE WEEK: Texas and the First Brother make a bid, but the Civil War re-enactor who lost his chicken at a Cracker Barrel takes the prize!
- ROOM 7609: We listen to listeners. So this week we’re listening to listener choice “Sudno” by Molchat Doma. Steppe lively!
- FIRST AMENDMENT TIME: Our viewers and listeners take over the show, finally providing some quality content to an hour of their lives most people wish they could take back.
- HARD OUT: Need a new ride? Roy O’Brien has been putting metro Detroiters on wheels for 74 years. Before you shop anywhere else, get on the right track to 9 Mile and Mack and check out their super groovy showroom. Find our more at www.royobrien.net.
- Stop looking so terrible and go get a haircut from Lady Janes. Visit Lady Janes website, find the nearest location and book your appointment today.
- Don’t lose your mind trying to make sense of the financial markets. Let Luke Nowacki of Pinnacle help you make the right decisions that will help keep you on firm financial footing. Contact Luke at www.pinnaclewealthstrategies.com and be sure to tell him you heard about him on the Soul of Detroit!
- If you need a mortgage or want to refinance your new digs or save on high-interest debt, contact Hall Financial at https://davidhallmortgage.com/soul or 248-308-5000 and let them know ML told you to call!
- You — YES, YOU — can sponsor the show by hitting the DONATE button at www.mlsoulofdetroit.com. NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL (or too large)!
- REPRESENT! Show your Soul of Detroit pride with great merchandise, ranging from our hip trucker hats, retro keychains, masks and gaiters, super groovy hockey jerseys, comfy logo t-shirts, stickers, neon clocks and signed copies of “The Kwame Sutra: Musings on Lust, Life and Leadership from Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.” Each copy includes a smart aleck inscription penned personally by ML! Open your heart, open your wallet at www.drewandmikestore.com
- Please subscribe to and share the podcast — your endorsement is very powerful!
- We always appreciate your feedback at mlsoulofdetroit@gmail or 313-Butterfield8-9070 (aka 313-288-9070). If you leave a message, you could hear your voice on the air!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download