- Kwame Kilpatrick is getting married and becoming a preacher, according to an exclusive report at DeadlineDetroit.com. M.L. Elrick (Twitter @elrick/Facebook ML ELRICK/Instagram ml_elrick) and Marc Fellhauer (Twitter @MarcFell) discuss the news with DeadlineDetroit.com Editor Allan Lengel, who spoke with Hizzoner. Shawn Windsor (Twitter @ShawnWindsor) is under the weather and Joey Zuver is underwhelmed.
- THE STRAIGHT DOPE: This was shaping up to be a ho-hum episode when Allan sent ML a text alerting him to Allan’s exclusive interview with Kwame Kilpatrick for DeadlineDetroit.com.
- Allan dishes on how he got the former mayor to open up about his life after prison, the sermons he plans to speak in Detroit and his future plans.
- Marc tells Allan he’s still skeptical about Kilpatrick.
- ML wants to know more about the marriage.
- Shawn shares a yawn.
- Allan and ML opine on whether Kilpatrick was REALLY shocked when the jury in his federal trial on racketeering and public corruption charges delivered its verdict.
- GEEK OF THE WEEK: Feds snooping on reporters, and bigoted boaters can’t compete with the guy who claimed he killed an iguana in self-defense in the competition to be this week’s geek.
- ROOM 7609: “Sinead O’Connor is a New Wave artist?” a shocked Shawn says. ML explains, with a little lesson on MC Lyte thrown in for good measure.
- FIRST AMENDMENT TIME: You ask some good questions. Do our answers measure up? Listen and see, er, hear!
- REPRESENT! Show your Soul of Detroit pride with great merchandise, ranging from our limited-edition, hand-made in Detroit commemorate bike — available for pre-sale through May 31. We also have hip trucker hats, retro keychains, masks and gaiters, super groovy hockey jerseys, comfy logo t-shirts, stickers, neon clocks and signed copies of “The Kwame Sutra: Musings on Lust, Life and Leadership from Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.” Each copy includes a smart aleck inscription penned personally by ML! Open your heart, open your wallet at www.drewandmikestore.com
- HARD OUT: Need a new ride? Roy O’Brien has been putting metro Detroiters on wheels for 74 years. Before you shop anywhere else, get on the right track to 9 Mile and Mack and check out their super groovy showroom. Find our more at www.royobrien.net.
- Stop looking so terrible and go get a haircut from Lady Janes. Visit Lady Janes website, find the nearest location and book your appointment today.
- Don’t lose your mind trying to make sense of the financial markets. Let Luke Nowacki of Pinnacle help you make the right decisions that will help keep you on firm financial footing. Contact Luke at www.pinnaclewealthstrategies.com and be sure to tell him you heard about him on the Soul of Detroit!
- If you need a mortgage or want to refinance your new digs or save on high-interest debt, contact Hall Financial at https://davidhallmortgage.com/soul or 248-308-5000 and let them know ML told you to call!
- You — YES, YOU — can sponsor the show by hitting the DONATE button at www.mlsoulofdetroit.com. NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL (or too large)!
- Please subscribe to and share the podcast — your endorsement is very powerful!
- We always appreciate your feedback at mlsoulofdetroit@gmail or 313-Butterfield8-9070 (aka 313-288-9070). If you leave a message, you could hear your voice on the air!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download