- M.L. Elrick (Twitter @elrick/Facebook ML ELRICK/Instagram ml_elrick), Shawn Windsor (Twitter @ShawnWindsor), Marc Fellhauer (Twitter @MarcFell) and Soft Magazine editor Matt Jennings (Twitter @MattRJennings) stay home and stay safe as they welcome the Face of the Resistance.
- THE STRAIGHT DOPE: The boys get off to a chaotic start, but even with a special guest patiently waiting to join the fray, ML insists on telling a short story about getting hacked.
- If you want to watch the circus, check out the Facebook Live broadcast re-play But remember, you don’t get the full show on FB. For that, you’ll have to listen (trust us, it’s worth hearing the whole show)
- If you’ve seen coverage of the protests in Lansing over Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s “Stay home, stay safe” orders, you’ll recognize this week’s guest: Brian Cash, the bald, bearded man yelling as masked state troopers stand guard. Gina Kaufman of the Detroit Free Press was the first reporter to speak to Cash.
- Cash gives us a quick history of his history as a protest, including what he did in the driveway of the governor’s mansion.
- Proving that things aren’t always what they seem, Cash tells how he supported Bernie Sanders for president, but ended up voting for Donald Trump. And while he may seem like an angry man, Cash coolly converses about his commitment to cannabis.
- While scientists and politicians debate the source of COVID-19, Cash gives us his take on what he believes is a conspiracy take out, well, just about everybody.
- After a thoughtful and, most importantly, calm conversation with Cash, Marc asks ML about his appearance in a nearly 20 year old documentary on Eminem.
- ML’s aversion to technology and paying for anything — especially cable — may be changing, as the boys welcome Michelle Gilbert of Comcast/Xfinity to talk about FREE STUFF the cable company is offering to help folks get through the pandemic.
- THE GREAT DEBATE:Shawn recently wrote that science should dictate when college football comes back. Marc wonders whether it’s best to put the eggheads in charge. ML says it may not matter no matter whose advice we follow.
- GEEK OF THE WEEK: Three different people who either spit on health care workers and first responders — or got really crazy when asked to wear a mask — share GOW honors.
- THIS WEEK IN SOFT HISTORYSoft Magazine Editor Matt Jennings takes a loopy look back at milestones in human evolution, as the boys do their best to mess up his look back in time.
- ROOM 7609: It’s bass month in Room 7609, brought to you by Elrick Bass Guitars.. This week’s guest in the NuWave suite is Level 42, a band with the rare distinction of being led by a slap bass player from the Isle of Wight who also is the lead singer and displayed a penchant for playing a clown jilted by King Arthur’s wife. Seriously!
- HARD OUT: Find out how you can sponsor the show and get a one-of-a-kind token of our appreciation. For a donation fo $20 or more, we will record a message meant JUST FOR YOU. We call it “cam-e-soul.”
- Please be sure to let our sponsors know you heard them on the podcast! We are pretty picky about who we do businesses with, so it’s important we keep the support of business we believe will do right by you. And since we can’t go on without continued sponsor support, please let our trusted partners know you appreciate them. They really do keep track of referrals from loyal listeners like you!
- If you’re looking to sell your home or buy a better crib, we humbly recommend Lindsey Broadwell of Broadwell Homes. Make sure Lindsey knows you where you heard about her and that you’ve got SOUL.
- If you need a mortgage or want to refinance your new digs or save on high-interest debt, contact Hall Financial and let them know ML told you to call!
- When it’s time to kick back with a tasty hometown classic brew, reach for an Altes! Learn more about which stores and other quality establishments carry these authentically Detroit suds.
- Don’t lose your mind trying to make sense of the financial markets. Let Luke Nowacki of Pinnacle help you make the right decisions that will help keep you on firm financial footing. Contact Luke and be sure to tell him you heard about him on the Soul of Detroit!
- REPRESENT! Show your Soul of Detroit pride with great merchandise, ranging from our super groovy hockey jerseys, t-shirts, stickers and signed copies of “The Kwame Sutra: Musings on Lust, Life and Leadership from Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.” Each copy includes a smart aleck inscription penned personally by ML! Open your heart, open your wallet at www.drewandmikestore.com
- Please subscribe to and share the podcast — your endorsement is very powerful!
- Please let us know if you would like to advertise, or know someone we should hit up.
- We always appreciate your feedback at [email protected] or 313-Butterfield8-9070 (aka 313-288-9070). If you leave a message, you could hear your voice on the air!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download